Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Homeschool Planner


All of our curriculum felt terribly overwhelming when I laid it out on the table. I felt like I was staring at one massive to-do list! Once I got my new planner, I immediately got to work filling it in. I tend to be an over-planner, so I'm trying really hard to keep our school load easy and light, with the main focus on play time and field trips. 

I divided the number lessons by the number of weeks we would like to school to find out how many lessons we'll have to do each week. We're hoping to have formal lessons 3-4 times a week for our first year of kindergarten. 

While planning, I made sure to write in pencil so that I can erase easily and be more flexible! I also only planned out the first month or so, that way we can adjust if our schedule or curriculum isn't working for us. 


This Charlotte Mason inspired planner from Anna Vance is beautiful! Anna is a homeschool mom herself, so she knows what I need! The best part is that it's extremely flexible! I love the calming, soft pastel colors, because I tend to be a bucket-of-stress. Every spread has a beautiful scripture, or inspiring quote. 


The deluxe version is incredible!! It comes with a zillion stickers! I love creating a beautiful, peaceful place to look at my to-do list. 


This is an example of one of our first few weeks of school. Writing everything down, and planning it out makes me feel like this is doable! Once I saw that I'll only have to complete a few lessons a week, that mound of curriculum felt much less overwhelming! 


This might be my favorite section in the planner! The bookmark is covering it, but there's a special box to check if the book is available at the library. This will make our unit studies much more organized! 


I'm only homeschooling one child right now, but there's definitely room for several more children's plans! This is probably how I would organize the planner if I had more school-age children.

I am so excited for our year to begin, and to start using this incredible planner! You can find Anna's planners on Etsy or on her Instagram account!

Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

... Me Too Shoes

It is so hard for me to find comfortable and practical shoes that are stylish and good quality! Adam Tucker nailed it with his line of ...